Who We Are
Consent to collect information
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to book a course, contact us through our website, or make general enquiries via phone, post or email, we imply that this is your consent to our collecting it and using it for the following reasons:
- To provide you with pre and post course updates;
- to provide you with any Megan Wynne Creative Writing related news, including details of upcoming courses and publications;
- to request feedback;
- to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information;
- to check our records are correct and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
How do I withdraw my consent?
You may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime by:
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the end of our emails OR replying to an email and including the word ’Unsubscribe’ in the subject line and clicking send;
- emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of data we collect:
When you purchase a course, your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our system. We do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent. We only ask for bankcard details in the following circumstance:
- If you are booking a course over the phone; We will destroy this financial information once the transaction is complete. We do not store financial information on any other individuals.
- If you purchase courses online, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
- Our website uses the online bank Stripe to process payments. We do not hold or have access to your bank card details when you book this way.
We may contact you regarding your experience of Megan Wynne Creative Writing. This feedback and information is used to improve our services and is never passed on to other organisations.
Contact information and Purchasing Data
You can unsubscribe to our emails at any time of the day or night by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our emails OR by replying to an email and typing ‘Unsubscribe’ into the subject field and pressing ‘send’ OR by emailing email@example.com including the word ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject line.
Website cookies & Google Analytics
- Google Analytics. Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP Address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
- Facebook and Twitter media share buttons that enable you to share our content.
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Data Protection’.
Changes to this policy
This policy was reviewed on 23 May 2018 and will be re-examined on a yearly basis. Should there be a need to update / amend this policy at other stages, we will contact you to advise you of same.