Online Creative Writing Courses
Online Creative Writing Courses via Zoom
We are delighted to continue offering online creative writing courses for 8-12 year olds, and 12-15 year olds.
Our online creative writing courses are ideal for students who prefer not to attend face-to-face courses. We are very excited to be able to reach children all over Ireland and hopefully the world!
Autumn 21 Term Online Classes
55 minutes long
Individual feedback on writing
These online creative writing courses are for small groups of children (max twelve). The same children will attend every week for a full term. Each class lasts for fifty-five minutes.
- Class will be made up of group discussion, feedback on writing and presentation of new material.
- Children will spend time writing individually and working in small groups in break out rooms.
- Students will be encouraged to write for fifteen - twenty minutes outside of class time each week.
- They will be given the option to read their work aloud during class time and receive feedback OR to post their assignment to a private class page on Schoology.
- At least every second week, students will receive verbal feedback on their writing from the teacher. All feedback will be constructive and encouraging. Students will also be encouraged to give positive feedback on one another’s writing.
- Courses take place on the video conferencing platform Zoom. Students will need a smart phone, table, or laptop and good broadband to participate.
Autumn Term 2021
Classes begin the week beginning 27th September and run for eleven weeks until the week beginning 13th December.
- Thre will be no classes during the October Mid Term - week beginning 25th October
Children’s Courses are suitable for 8-12 year olds (attending primary school). Teenage Course is suitable for 12 - 15 year olds (attending secondary school).
TIME TABLE FOR ONLINE CLASSES:
Wednesdays: 3.30 - 4.25p.m. and 5 - 5.55 pm
Thursdays: 3.30 - 4.25p.m and 5p.m. - 5.55p.m
Friday: 5.30p.m. - 6.25p.m.
The eleven class term can be paid in two installments of €90. The first installment is due before the course begins (to secure the place).
- The second installment is due by Friday 5th November.
- For those who pay for the full eleven weeks in advance the price is €165. (€15 discount)
- Students from the same household may avail of the in-full discount when paying in two instalments (Therefore they pay two instalments of €165 for their two children).
Booking & Timetable
Weekly classes can book up quickly, and spaces are limited. If a class is full and you would like to be put on a waiting list for the following term, please let us know by emailing email@example.com and we will contact you when we are accepting new bookings.
Alternatively, you can book one of our face-to-face courses in Malahide or Skerries.
2. Drop In Online Classes
These half hour classes give children and teenagers an opportunity to experience creative writing courses, without having to sign up for a full term. Students may drop in as they wish.
- Classes take place every Friday afternoon at 5p.m. and begin on 18th September.
- These sessions are suitable for children / teenagers aged 9 -14 years. Older students are also welcome to attend.
Every Monday evening the topic for Friday’s class will be announced on FaceBook Live stream.
A class costs €7.50 and lasts for thirty-five minutes.
- The class is live with Megan and students will be able to interact with her on the chat facility on Zoom, however there will be no feedback on students' individual writing.