Covid-19 Response Policy
In the classroom
In order to carry out face-to-face classes safely our policy is to:
- keep children seated 1.5 metres distance from one another, by reducing class sizes from 14 to 12 students and rearranging tables and chairs (siblings and close friends who travel to class together may sit together)
- ask all students to bring their own hand sanitiser and sanitise their hands at the start and end of class. We will provide sanitiser for those who forget theirs.
- leave a fifteen-minute break between back-to-back classes to clean and ventilate the room. The teacher will bring steriliser and carry this out themselves.
- keep a record of all students who attend each class and keep their contact details (for tracing)
- reinforce personal hygiene etiquette at the start of every class (coughing, sneezing etc)
- have an optional policy for students to wear face covering. Teacher will wear a face covering
- inform all parents they must pick up and drop off students from outside the building designated for their class room.
- inform students to only bring to class what they need – pencil case, notebook and water (if they wish).
The details outlined below are very important and we ask parents to take the time to read, before making your booking.
Children must stay at home, and not come to a class if he or she:
- Has been in contact with someone with COVID– 19 in the last 14 days
- Has been overseas the last 14 days
- Has flu like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, extreme tiredness).
- Is in the high-risk category – please seek GP advice before booking
- There will be no refunds for children who can not attend class, however a recording of that week's class material will be made available to them online.
- If all schools are closed nationally (or in Dublin), face to face classes will take place on Zoom instead.
Before entry to any venue, we will be performing contactless temperature checks on all students.
- Should your child present with a temperature, or show symptoms of flu like illness, they will be refused entry to the class.
- In this case, the parent will be contacted and required to collect the child.